The Moore County Genealogical Society (MCGS) is a nonprofit organization chartered May 7, 1984 by residents of Moore County, NC.
The MCGS meets bimonthly at the Moore County Library in Carthage at 10:30 am on the 3rd Saturday of January, March, May, July, September and November. All are welcome to attend.
The objectives of the society are to:
- Increase interest in and raise the standards of genealogical research and compilation by means of educational programs, workshops and publication of genealogical materials.
- Encourage and instruct members in the practice of genealogical research and compilation through careful documentation and maintenance of quality genealogical standards.
- Acquaint members with sources of genealogical material in Moore County, NC and elsewhere.
- Serve through its publications and workshops, as a source for genealogical information.
- Promote the collection, preservation, and utilization of manuscripts, documents, and other materials of genealogical or historical value, especially in Moore County, NC.